This is one of the most important aspects to any young player. Our players will be guided and shown how to overcome those mental “invisible walls” that hold them back from showing their true talent on and off the field. We all have them but it is a skill to know how to quickly remove these “invisible walls” and maximise your true talent and play to the best of your ability.
For example, our players will be taught:
• how to deal with the highs and lows of football;
• how to deal with playing a bad game and waiting a whole week to play again;
• how to cope with the mental stress you put yourself through;
• how to try and gain that confidence to push through and play your best for your next game;
• how to balance out your confidence so that you are not playing over confidently which could result in a bad game.
These are the “barriers” that players generally have and usually don’t know how to deal with. We will mentor our players through these situations so that they become easier for them to deal with over time.
We also teach our players how to communicate. Good communication is extremely important as a football player, as it is with most career paths. Our players will be guided on how to communicate with their teammates and their coaches. We will teach our players the specific information needed on the field. We will also teach them how to speak with their coach to get a better understanding of what the coach expects of them so that they can meet the coach’s expectations and perform at their best.